This week, I launched my Facebook Live show: Coaches Go Social! I am so so excited to share this with you! I’ve been working toward this goal for almost 2 years, and I can’t believe it is finally here!
So the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month I’ll be coming atcha with a new theme and two featured coaches for a 30-minute interview (each) full of tips and tricks for showing us how to be our best selves in 2020 and beyond. January’s theme is Jumpstarting Your Career in 2020.
I kicked it off this week with my colleague and good friend, Mary Fain Brandt. Mary Fain Brandt is a LinkedIn Strategist, founder of the LinkedIn Bakery, Career Coach and the co-host of LinkedIn Local San Diego.
When you are a solopreneur it can be very isolating so it is so important to create your own community and network so you can co-create and collaborate with other like-minded professionals. I am proud to be able to include Mary in my own inner circle.
She gave us all kinds of amazing tips and strategies for using LinkedIn as a powerful professional networking tool for entrepreneurs and job seekers…
- Create a ROCKSTAR profile! Use your profile as a lead magnet. Leverage all parts of your profile, especially the background banner. Mary suggests you customize the background banner to capture the readers’ attention.
- Make sure you have a warm and smiling photo. A photo that welcomes the reader to your profile.
- Create a HOT headline. One that tells your readers what you do, who you serve and what is the benefit of working with you. Readers want someone to help them solve their problems! They need to know what you can do for them!
- After your profile hits rockstar status, now it’s time to put out great content and engage with your audience.
- Really use and understand the power of LinkedIn. It is more than just a client-getting tool. It’s also great for attracting brand ambassadors, collaborators and most importantly it’s a powerful platform where building relationships begins.
- Be authentic. Make sure the person you present online is the person you are IRL!
ALWAYS be updating your LinkedIn profile. Make sure your contact information is up-to-date.
ALWAYS be growing your network. It’s not about how many connections you have. It’s the quality of connections. Is your network strong and strategic? Think about who you want in your network and reach out to those people.
Hope to see you there! If not there, let’s set up a time to chat!